Due to covid-19 circumstances, the 9th edition of Curaçao International Film Festival Rotterdam (CIFFR), scheduled for 21 to 26 April 2020 in Willemstad, has been cancelled. To continue to offer visibility to filmmakers from the Caribbean region, IFFR has made six previous winners of the Yellow Robin Award available to watch online in Curaçao, with one film to be viewed for free until April 30, 2020.
Ever since its launch in 2013 at the second edition of CIFFR, the Yellow Robin Award competition has served as the festival’s major platform for upcoming filmmaking talent from the region. Each year, an international jury decides which filmmaker receives the $10,000 prize. On top of that, the winning film goes on to screen at the next editions of both IFFR and Mexico’s Morelia International Film Festival.
IFFR Unleashed now presents six recent winning films, by filmmakers hailing from Panama, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Mexico and the Dominican Republic. Their local visions, rooted in places where cultures merge and collide, have since met with eyes from all over the world.
Curaçao audiences can watch one of the six films per account for free.
▪ Go to the IFFR Unleashed ‘Curacao Winners’ collection
▪ At the bottom of the page, select the film you want to watch
▪ On the film page, click “Rent for € 4.50”, then log in or create an account
▪ Go to your shopping cart and enter the following code: CIFFR2020
▪ Leave the “Thank you page” and go back to the movie page of the film you bought and click “Start film”
The six films are:
▪ Tierra adentro by Mauro Colombo (Yellow Robin Award 2019)
▪ Black Mother by Khalik Allah (Yellow Robin Award 2018)
▪ El hombre que cuida by Alejandro Andújar (Yellow Robin Award 2017)
▪ Antes que cante el gallo by Arí Maniel Cruz (Yellow Robin Award 2016)
▪ Las vacas con gafas by Alex Santiago Pérez (Yellow Robin Award 2015)
▪ No quiero dormir sola by Natalia Beristáin (Yellow Robin Award 2013)
Films are available until 30 April 2020