The opening of the Pool Art Fair Guadeloupe at the market hall of La Darse in Pointe-à-Pitre took place successfully on Thursday, July 1 despite the first effects (heavy rain and high winds) of Hurricane Elsa approaching the Caribbean Arc. The largest contemporary art fair in the archipelago is digital, since last year because of the Covid-19 epidemic.
In addition to the Pool Art Fair exhibition which brings together more than twenty artists from Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Martin, Switzerland, Senegal, Reunion and Japan, internet users will also be able to visit, until Sunday July 4, 2021 at midnight, the first digital NFT art exhibition in Guadeloupe, accessible from the 3D hall of the PAF or via a direct link. 12 artists are participating in this project presented by Alain Afflelou Guadeloupe : Thierry Alet, Ko-Hey! Arikawa, Carole Aurore, Axel A., Yves Bercion, Léa Bourgeois, Cédrick Isham, Joëlle Ferly, A. de Jafri, Michel Lienard, Alix Paj and Piaf.
Moreover, we now know the schedule and the artists of the Pool Art Fair Guadeloupe numérique who will participate in the face-to-face cycle of exhibitions at the gallery-café Art Ruche located at 6 quai Layrle in Pointe-à-Pitre. This series of mini-exhibitions is organized from July 1 to September 15. They are :
- Thierry Alet + Carole Aurore – opening Thursday July 1 at 7:00 pm, exhibition from July 2 to 7
- Antonwè + Catherine Seznec – opening Thursday July 8 at 7:00 pm, exhibition from July 9 to 14
- Patricia Lollia – opening Thursday July 15 at 7:00 pm, exhibition from July 16 to 21
- Edwige M + Adly – opening Thursday July 22 at 7:00 pm, exhibition from July 23 to 28
- Rickoart + Juliane Kaestner – opening Thursday July 29 at 7.00 pm, exhibition from July 30 to August 4
- Jérôme Sainte-Luce + PeTRA – opening Thursday September 9 at 7:00 pm, exhibition from September 10 to 15.