This edition will be held in strict compliance with the health regulations in force.
The Ministry of Culture informs in a press release that this popular festival will have to respect all the conditions and sanitary measures foreseen for the different establishments receiving the public (ERP) indoors, as well as for the ERP of the open air type:
– The curfew will be set at 11:00 pm and there will be no derogation or tolerance on the evening of the Fête de la Musique;
– Only sitting configurations for the audience will be allowed in order to facilitate the flow management and to avoid groupings and gatherings, that will still be prohibited at this time. The maximum capacity authorised for indoor or outdoor ERP will correspond to 65% of its capacity, within the limit of 5,000 spectators;
– A health pass will be required for any venue hosting more than 1,000 spectators;
– Concerts held in restaurants and bars will not be allowed as they are likely to cause gatherings on the public road and increase the risks of contamination indoors;
– Impromptu concerts by musicians on the public road will also not be allowed in order to not create gatherings.
Concerts by amateur and professional musicians will therefore be possible in indoor and outdoor venues, in accordance with the above-mentioned provisions.
The Ministry of Culture recommends that all local authorities, cultural structures and any other organisers wishing to participate in this edition do so in strict compliance with the protocols in force : Fête de la musique 2021 – Protocole sanitaire